Tacoma, WA 98401 | Temporary
The position of Customer Service Representative – Rail/Truck Clerk requires a motivated person that is detail oriented and is able to work as a team member to ensure superior service to all our customers. Depending on the needs of this company other assignments may be added to this job description as required.
- Receive railcar/truck transload instructions via e-mail or fax from customers.
- Communicate daily in a professional and thorough manner with customers to update and receive accurate and complete loading instructions.
- Provide daily updates as necessary to rail/truck customers regarding status of inbound railcars/trucks
- Enter railcar/truck transload instructions into WMS database, following standard operating procedures.
- Print Rail Sheets and post them on the inbound board. Print Dock Receipts for inbound railcars/trucks, ensuring that the most current and accurate information is in the database at the time that the railcar/truck is being worked.
- Create Railcar/Truck File for each inbound customer order, filing transload instructions and any e-mail communications pertaining to the load. File Railcar/Truck File in Inbound Railcar/Truck Cart.
- Verify that bookings necessary for transload are current and valid by accessing steamship line websites.
- Become knowledgeable of steamship lines in the Port of Tacoma and Port of Seattle. Create and maintain a contact list for steamship lines to be used when verifying availability and accuracy of booking information.
- Communicate with Dispatcher to coordinate necessary export equipment with inbound trucks.
- Coordinate and arrange workload planning with Dock Supervisor, Rail Clerk, Inventory Clerk, and Dispatcher during daily production meeting.
- Prepare Daily Production/Projection Report as it pertains to Inbound Railcars/Trucks and Railcar/Truck Back Loads.
- Work with Dock Supervisor / Dock Lead to troubleshoot any discrepancies at unloading. Communicate with customers in a timely and thorough manner to verify any order discrepancies and verify correct information.
- Advise customers in a timely and thorough manner regarding additional charges. Relay and receive all communications regarding additional charges in writing, documenting authorizations from customers for additional billing by placing a copy in the Railcar/Truck File and noting charges on outside of file for accurate billing.
- Create Container Load Plans, verifying that all information relayed by the dock crews matches the information entered into the database from the shipping instructions.
- Fax or e-mail CLP copies to customers upon completion of truck file, providing timely and accurate information to customers regarding loaded containers.
- Bill all transload charges, to include any pre-approved additional charges within 48 business hours of work being completed.
- Collect driver CLP’ s and “ load-in” interchanges from driver stackers and file in truck files before filing into monthly billing dra